PALEO PAD THAI
1lb chicken cutlets, diced
2 carrots, peeled
1 large zucchini, peeled
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
3 green onions sliced into 2 inch pieces & 1 green onion diced for topping
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp coconut oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cashews, cilantro, lime wedges, green onion, and sriracha for topping
“Peanut” Sauce: Blend all ingredients below in a food processor, store extra in refrigerator.
1/2 cup chunky almond butter (no salt or sugar)
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 cup water
Juice of half a lime
2 garlic cloves
1/8 cup pure, organic maple syrup
1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce (gluten free)
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sriracha
1) Use peeler to make “noodles” with the carrots and zucchini. Prep all other ingredients.
2) Heat large skillet, or wok to medium heat, with coconut oil.
3) Sauté the red onion and green onions for 3-4 minutes.
4) Add the chicken and garlic, and sauté for 5-6 minutes, or until no longer pink. Salt and pepper to taste.
5) Add desired amount of peanut sauce, about 1/2 cup (above recipe makes about 1 cup in total), and sauté for 1 minute.
6) Add carrots and zucchini to the pan, mix well, and sauté an additional minute.
7) Top with cashews, cilantro, lime wedges, green onion, and sriracha.