September 1st. I have officially declared it to be fall in my house. It might be 93 degrees outside, but bring on the pumpkins, fall sweaters, and apple cider. Ok, nix the cider – we are a wine house.
Making my daily round through Pinterest, I found a few fall projects that were adorable, but required a cricut cutter or silhouette machine. Since I have neither, (due to their outrageous cost!!!) I came up with these very festive mason jar jack o’lanterns. And the best part, they cost nearly nothing to make. You likely have most of the items in your house now – so get to it! This craft can surely be done with your children, and is a great way to start your fall. Happy autumn, and happy crafting!
Here’s what you need:
- 3 mason jars – your choice of size (mine are pint). You can mix and match too!
- 3 tea lights
- 1-2 sheets of printable sticker paper. I bought a pack of 10 for $3.49 (discounted after using a 50% off coupon). 1 sheet costs just $.35 – practically nothing!
1) Google “jackolantern face” images – and choose 3 different images to your liking. They must be all black. You could pick a variety of faces – or even try words, crows, witches, ghosts, etc.
2) Copy and paste the faces onto a blank Word document. You can likely fit 2-4 faces on one page, dependent on your jar size.
3) Resize the faces to best fit your jars.
4) Print them on standard paper first – This allows you to double check size, before you print on the sticker paper. Repeat this step if you need to adjust the face sizes, so not to waste any sticker paper.
5) If the faces are to your liking, go ahead and feed your sticker paper into your printer, and print. Be careful to know which side of the sticker paper is “sticky” and which side is the backing – so you correctly print the stickers.
6) With sharp scissors, carefully cut each piece of the face out individually.
7) Carefully pull the backing off the sticker, and place on your mason jar.
8) Repeat steps 6 and 7, with the second and third jars/faces.
WELL DONE! Easy, fun, and CHEAP!